You get a free data cleansing health check every time
you send us your mailing data.
We automatically check accuracy, which means improved
campaign metrics and response rates for you.
Data cleaning is all part of our standard service, whether you go on to place your direct mail project with us or not.
Our data cleansing tools stop you from wasting money on print and postage to duplicate entries, people and organisations that have moved address, and to incomplete and invalid postal addresses. Accurate data means fewer mailing returns to process, and more impressive results for your marketing metrics. Checking your data against deceased and suppressed records (from the mailing preference service) will also help to protect your brand against negative PR.
Your data is always safe and secure with The Mailing People. We are registered with Data Protection (registration number Z9015380) and are ISO27001 certified so that you can enjoy complete peace of mind. Your mailing data will never be used or disclosed for any purpose other than your own direct mail marketing.
Our free data audit checks your records against the following criteria:
1. PAF. We check each of your postcodes against Royal Mail's Postcode Address File®. Frequently updated, it contains approximately 30 million UK postal addresses.
2. Gone away. Around 1.5 million UK households move each year according to the Direct Marketing Association's Admail Guide. We run your data against verified suppression files to identify records for people and organisations that have moved.
3. Trace. We use third party data sources from vendors such as Royal Mail, Wilmington Millennium and REaD Group to locate people and organisations that have moved. This is particularly valuable if you are mailing to existing customers, donors and other groups you don't want to lose touch with.
4. Mailing Preference Service. On average, 40% of returned mail is due to recipients having opted out from unsolicited advertising mail. We can identify these records and remove them for you.
5. Duplicates. 32% of consumers regularly receive duplicate messages. We're able to identify duplicate records based on 1 per person, 1 per family member or 1 per address.
6. Deceased. Around half a million people die each year in the UK. We screen your data against Mortascreen, the National Deceased Register and The Bereavement Registers so that you can avoid causing unnecessary upset.
4.9 on Google
4 weeks ago
Brilliant experience with The Mailing People and particularly Rachel. I had a response to my quote within an hour of submitting it. The project was completed very quickly and efficiently. We will definitely be using The Mailing People for future campaigns.
4 months ago
From the first moment I started working with Rebecca , she has been a pleasure to deal with. She handles all our requests promptly and efficiently and delivers an excellent service when looking after our projects. She is the first person I turn to when looking for a quote. Laurence Cabache, FMC, Head of Production
6 months ago
I really enjoyed working with this company, very responsive, clear explanations, very good follow-up of the order. This is all the more important when you are a foreign company and you are not used to doing this type of work abroad. I will certainly use the Mailing People again for other projects!
Diane K Harris
9 months ago
We have been using The Mailing people via Bishops printers since 2019, they have coped well with our sometimes very tight deadlines. They have always been happy to accomodate our very particular needs when it comes to mailings. Whilst I cannot fault what they do for us, I would like to see some ideas coming through of things that may have worked for their other customers...show us some samples, we're always open to consider new ideas! 288 Group Ltd
a year ago
Great service from start to finish. Job involved both print and mailing - print was high quality and mailing arrived well ahead of our deadline. Our account manager Rachel was superb, kept on top of all the details and kept us in the loop throughout - will 100% use again!
Who we've helped
How we can help
Flexible, personal and cost effective direct mail fulfilment solutions whatever the size or complexity of your UK and international mailing projects.
We’ll keep your litho and digital print costs to a minimum without compromising quality or risking your mail campaign schedule with our in-house printing.
Let us save you money on postage. Our specialist expertise and access to multiple postal and distribution channels means tailored solutions that achieve the best results for your campaigns.
Achieve more from your mail marketing using variable data and image personalisation. We make it easy to do, cost effective and your campaign will deliver measurably better results.
Choose from a full suite of options including: automated folding, finishing, enclosing, biodegradable polywrapping and bespoke hand fulfilment.
Available in biodegradable or recyclable polythene, polywrap's light weight, versatile and protective properties make it a popular choice for membership packs, publication and catalogue mailings.
Get a quote today